Open as PDF
Assembly and Use
2014 DJI. All Rights Reserved.
8 Connecting the Camera
Before ight, always connect your smartphone to the Phantom’s Wi-Fi network. This is required for the camera control
8.1 Connecting Procedures
Follow these instructions to connect a mobile device to the Phantom 2 Vision+ camera.
(1) Power on the Remote Control and the Range Extender.
(2) Power on the Phantom 2 Vision+.
(3) Enable the Wi-Fi on your mobile device; wait for about 30 seconds, and then select “Phantom_XXXXXX” from theWi-
Fi network list (Figure45).
(4) Run the DJI VISION App on your mobile device. When the Wi-Fi Computer Connection status on the App main menu
goes green, the connection is good (Figure46).
(5) Tap the “CAMERA” icon and the DJI VISION App will begin a live camera preview (Figure47). This means everything
is functioning normally.
Wi-Fi Computer Connection status Description
Solid green Wi-Fi is connected to the Phantom 2 Vision+.
Solid blue Wi-Fi is connected to another Wi-Fi network, not to the Phantom 2 Vision+.
Off No Wi-Fi connection.
The SSID is unique for each Phantom 2 Vision+ It will appear as Phantom_XXXXXX in your Wi-Fi list.
Android users can tap the SSID button on the main page to mobile device Wi-Fi settings directly.
Enable the “Tutorial” switch in the Settings page to get
hints and tips the rst time you use the DJI VISION App.
Connecting the Camera
Figure 45 Figure 46