Open as PDF
1. Press the Power button on the Wii mini console to turn it on.
2. Press and release the SYNC. button on the back of the Wii Remote Plus. The Player
LEDs will blink.
NOTE: Some models may require to remove the battery cover to push the SYNC. button.
3. Press the SYNC Button on the side
of the console. When the Player
LED blinking stops, connection is
complete. The LED that is illuminated
indicates the player number.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be followed for each additional remote added
to your system.
CAUTION - Use the Wrist Strap
Wii gameplay with the Wii Remote Plus can involve rapid or vigorous motion.
Please use the wrist strap to prevent losing your grip on the remote and causing
damage to the remote or surrounding objects, or injury to other people.
WEAR THE WRIST STRAP WHEN USING THE Wii REMOTE PLUS.
• Make sure all players use the wrist strap and that the strap lock is correctly tightened.
• When sharing the Wii Remote Plus between multiple players, make sure each
person uses the wrist strap properly.
• Wearing the wrist strap will prevent you from accidentally dropping or throwing the
remote during gameplay, which could damage the remote or surrounding objects,
or cause injury to other people.
DO NOT LET GO OF THE REMOTE DURING GAME PLAY.
• Read the Instruction booklet for the game you are playing and follow all game
control instructions for correct use of the Wii Remote Plus or accessory controllers.
• Hold the remote securely and avoid excessive motion, as it may cause you to let go
of the remote and may break the wrist strap.
• If your hands become moist, stop and dry your hands.
ALLOW ADEQUATE ROOM AROUND YOU DURING GAME PLAY.
• Stay at least three (3) feet away from the television.
• As you may move around during gameplay, make sure objects and other people are
out of your range of movement or arm motion to prevent damage or injury.
Wearing the Wii Remote Wrist Strap
1. Open the lever on the strap lock and place your hand through the wrist strap.
Hold the remote ﬁrmly in your hand.
2. Slide the strap lock up so that the strap will not fall off your wrist. Do not over
tighten the strap lock so that it’s uncomfortable. It should just be tight enough to
hold the wrist strap in place. Close the lever to hold the strap lock in place.
Synchronizing Your Wii Remote Plus with
the Wii mini Console
NOTE: Make sure you have placed batteries in the Wii Remote Plus.
This procedure allows the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus to communicate with
The Wii Remote Plus included with your Wii system has been synchronized
with the console at the factory.
There are two different modes of synchronizing (syncing) a Wii Remote or Wii Remote
Plus with your console:
STANDARD MODE – The Standard Mode procedure is used when adding additional
remotes to your system or if you want to re-synchronize your original remote.
Once synchronized, the remote will stay synced to the console unless you overwrite
this setting by syncing the remote to a different console.
NOTE: With Standard Mode Synchronization, you can synchronize up to 10 Wii
Remote or Wii Remote Plus controllers with your Wii mini console. The data of
the remote that was sychronized ﬁrst is deleted if you synchronize more than 10.
ONE TIME MODE – This mode allows you to temporarily use your remote on a console
other than your own or to use a friends remote on your console. It does not delete
the Standard Mode setting stored in the remote. In this mode, the remote will
only communicate with the console while the power is on. When the power is turned
off the remote will lose its sync with the console.
• Only a Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus in Standard Mode can turn the console
power ON or OFF.
Standard Mode Synchronization