Open as PDF
Front of jacket
Replacing the Wii MotionPlus accessory jacket
The Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus attached responds
• Some televisions process graphics internally for input signals. This may delay the
display of graphics but does not damage the Wii Console, Wii Remote, Wii
MotionPlus, or the television.
The jacket has been removed and I’m having difﬁculty
• The jacket is important for proper and safe operation of the Wii
MotionPlus accessory. Please see the next page for instructions on correctly
replacing the jacket if it has become detached.
Can’t get past the Language Select screen
• Synchronize your Wii Remote(s) using the procedure on page 24.
• Review the Sensor Bar setup instructions on pages 13-16 to ensure proper placement
The Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus attached does
• Make sure the Wii MotionPlus connector plug is fully inserted into the Wii Remote.
• Review the setup procedure and make sure Wii MotionPlus has been installed correctly.
• Make sure the batteries have been installed correctly and are not depleted.
You can press the HOME Button on the Wii Remote to check battery life from the
• Check the game package and manual (or the Wii Shop Channel screen, if it was
downloaded) for the game you are playing to make sure it includes Wii
• If none of the above steps resolve the problem, remove and insert the Wii
MotionPlus connector plug into the connector on the bottom of the Wii Remote
several times and check the operation again.
The cursor on the TV screen moves when the Wii Remote
is not being moved or moves differently than when
the Wii Remote is moved
• Wii MotionPlus may need to be recalibrated due to the following:
1. Changing batteries in the Wii Remote during gameplay.
2. Disconnecting and reconnecting Wii MotionPlus during gameplay.
3. Moving Wii MotionPlus from a cold environment into a warm environment.
To recalibrate the Wii MotionPlus accessory, place it on a ﬂat horizontal surface with
the buttons facing down. Wait for a few seconds and check the operation. Also, review
the Instruction Manual for the game you are playing for more information.
NOTE: This procedure must be done during gameplay, and with the Wii MotionPlus
accessory attached to the Wii Remote controller.
1. Hold the jacket and accessory so
they both face forwards.
2. Press the sensor unit into the
bottom of the jacket, being careful
not to damage the connector or
other parts of the accessory.
3. Fit the two rubber protrusions
on the inside of the jacket into
the holes on the back of the
4. Using your ﬁnger tips, work the bottom of the jacket around so that the
plastic hooks on the bottom of the sensor unit ﬁt snuggly into the holes in
5. Check the ﬁt of the jacket to make sure the walls are not pinched between
the Wii Remote and the sensor unit, and that the rubber protrusions are
If your Wii system still does not operate correctly after trying
the troubleshooting steps, DO NOT return the console to the
store. You will lose saved game data and all Wii Shop
Channel downloads and Wii Points.
Visit support.nintendo.com for assistance and additional
troubleshooting and repair options or call 1-800-255-3700.
Wii Operations Manual